I just found a cooler in my basement with water in it – from last year. I was really annoyed. I realized that there are a few things that annoy me. I’ve got some pet peeves and quirks and I thought I would spread the cheer and share them with you.
- I don’t clean out coolers as promptly as I should. I only screw my future self. It doesn’t matter if I am the one who eventually cleans it out or not. Even if my husband has to clean it out, he complains about the fact that I left it dirty so I have still managed to screw myself.
- I buy watermelons forgetting the fact that I never develop a desire to carve and serve them.
- I throw receipts away. Every single one of them. Doesn’t matter if I need them. Nope – doesn’t matter.
- I can only buy multiple grocery items in even numbers. Meaning if I need more than one of something, I will NEVER buy three. My head would just explode.
- Bitchy people annoy me. Sometimes I bitch about them.
- I often fail to see the comedic irony of some of these “quirks” of mine.
- My cure for a bad day is Hershey’s special dark washed down with a glass of Svanska Red and a long distance telephone call to my BFF.
- I wear mismatched socks and I like it.
- Being told what to do makes me defiant.
- I refuse to develop self restraint when patronizing an ice cream parlor. I have love handles now. I kind of like them.
- If I lose a button on a shirt, I may as well throw it away. I would rather walk on hot coals than take out a needle and thread.
- When I am nervous I bite the heck out of my nails.
- I still harbor a fear that doing so will create a lump of nails in my throat like my aunt told me once. Darn her.
- I am annoyed that I lack the financial capacity to wear an item once and then give it to good will. If I were able to do that, I could give my washer and dryer to good will too.
- I will not promise to behave if you cross my family. If you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us.
- I hate litter and I judge anyone who litters.
- The Blair Witch frightens the heck right out of me. If I ever see some voodoo creation hanging from a tree in the woods, I will have to be put in a rubber room.
- I am blessed to know the magic recipe for ice and how to replace a toilet paper roll. This knowledge makes me quite intolerant of those who do not possess it.
- I am ok that I am a freak with faults.
So enough about me – how about YOU?
Calvin and Hobbes Image taken from: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://treesflowersbirds.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/calvin_resolutions.jpg&imgrefurl=http://newvoicesforresearch.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.html&usg=__g4lXRejN5D8odi0R6tnxkzy2oGM=&h=305&w=400&sz=37&hl=en&start=65&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=j_5uNVlISz_yvM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcalvin%2Band%2Bhobbes%2Bpicks%2Bup%2Btrash%26start%3D60%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1